Thursday, November 10, 2005

The digital divide sitting right next to you. Web 2.0 dreamworld & Web 0.75 realworld

Leigh Blackall, whose weblog I've been reading for some months now, just put a nice article about the long way we still have to go.
Leigh refers to an excellent article by Alan Levine, where he states that "One of my peeves is the pervasive use of email as a sole communication means. What I am referring to as almost daily, there are 4 or 5 fully formatted HTML, graphic laden emails about various events and programs in our college system, and there is no corresponding related information on our colleges' web sites. That means the only content "repository" is the inbox, which has no legacy record, no memory, no search."
Hum, yeah, right. I guess we are doing a little bit better at my University. Yes, I do get a lot of email, but mostly there is a URL in there where i can find more information. But on the other hand, indeed my content repository sometimes is my inbox.

No comments: