Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What university libraries should do, really...

I am catching up on quite a few weblogs through Bloglines. I see
several posts on the joy of using RSS and readers like Google Reader. But that is not what I want to address here.

I would really like to point you to an interesting post on the blog of Erik Duval. I am a regular reader of the blog by Erik Duval, of elearning standards fame. He is from Belgium, if you didn't know yet.

Erik is really right on the spot regarding his university library that recently has moved into a great new building. Which is completely irrelevant to him, because he nevers visits the library!

But what is relevant to him, is not delivered by the library: "Why don’t they [the library] inform me when someone is downloading my papers?
Referring to my papers? Why don’t they alert me to papers I will
probably want to know about?" Are you listing over there in the library?

1 comment:

Erik Duval said...

Glad you like the post, Wytze! Seems like google is better than the library at alerting me when someone reads my posts ;-) !